I don’t know about you, but I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to meal times for my toddler. Some days he eats everything in sight and I call it a good day! Other times, I am not so lucky and he’s refusing everything I put on his plate. I want to share some of my go-to meal ideas, starting with our favorite; Breakfast!
My main goal for morning meal time is providing Oliver with a carb, protein and a fruit. I have a unicorn child and he LOVES any fruit. He usually polishes off his handful of blueberries before moving on to his waffles. Who is this kid, right?!
- Waffles – These are usually my go-to in the morning. Oliver loves to have waffles and “dip-dip” aka maple syrup. Usually I can sneak one or two and drizzle some honey on top for myself!
- Fruit – I always try to keep fresh strawberries and blueberries in our fridge. Some days we need to mix it up so that’s when I bring in Del Monte Fruit Cups with no added sugar.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is a favorite in our house. Although it can get extremely messy – Oliver loves so many different flavors so it’s easy to change it up. These pouches are perfect for mornings on the go, or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt is a household favorite.
- Toast w/ Peanut Butter – Oliver can eat peanut butter by the spoonfuls. When I try to keep the calories low, Jif Natural Creamy is always on our shelves. Great protein and it seems to always keep him full!
- Egg Muffins – It still takes a lot of convincing to have Oliver eat eggs. Egg muffins have endless possibilities and this silicone muffin pan will be your new best friend!
Along with these meal ideas I wanted to share a few fun meal-time utensils! I’m always grabbing fun and colorful cups for Oliver while I’m out!
What are some of your go-to favorites for breakfast? I would love to have more ideas up my sleeve for Oliver!
Leave a Reply