I’m a mom of two, I should be a pro at this stuff right? Wrong. I’ve learned so much in the last three months with Elliott, I wanted to share a few Second Time Mom Essentials.
*All links are affiliates through ShopStyle. I earn a small commission with items purchased, there is no extra fee to you. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting ShopStyle!
I thought 9 months of pregnancy would give me enough time to prepare for Elliott, sadly I was wrong. I think in the midst of week #3, I called my mom crying because nothing was working.
Elliott is proving to be a very different rodeo than Oliver. These are a few of my suggestions for second time moms.
- This has been a lifesaver. Whether its to put Elliott to sleep or so I can put him down for three seconds and deal with Oliver’s tantrums 😀
- We were using Como Tomo bottles the first time around, but Elliott was not adjusting to those. He has been formula fed since the hospital thanks to my milk never coming in. So we had to pick a nipple/bottle that was similar to those used in the hospital and Dr. Browns were a hit. The parts can be very frustrating to clean but I think they’re worth it!
- I absolutely 100% feel that you need to invest in a great stroller. I’m always trying to find good deals, but this essential was one I wouldn’t budge on. Baby Jogger is our favorite brand and I love the City Select. I knew I wanted tandem, and this stroller folds great for the car and you can walk through doorways without any hassle.
- Swaddle. I love these easy swaddles and the minute I put Elliott in his swaddle for bedtime, he falls right asleep.
- DockATot. This. Is. Magic. We had a huge sleep regression with Elliott at 3 months old. He was up every 3 hours and I was going crazy. I was willing to pay anything for a good night sleep. The first night with the DockATot was amazing. Elliott slept 8 hours. Make the investment to save your sanity!
- A trendy and reliable diaper bag is a must. I’m a little weird about backpack diaper bags. Backpacks in general give me anxiety. Weird, I know. Until I found the Freshly Picked Convertible Backpack. It is heavenly! The leather is so smooth and you can easily wipe off crusted applesauce or boogers.
- Lastly, wine & a village. Find your village Mama. Mine consists of friends close by that are just a meet-up at Chic-Fil-A away. But my virtual mama village is just as important and we can laugh, cry and go through all the ups and downs of parenting with no judgement. Being a mom is hard, so instead of comparing your childs’ abilities against each other, why not compare their ability to climbing the highest countertop or award for longest temper tantrum.
Where are my second time moms? Tell me your favorite essentials and must-haves!