Traveling with your children is so much fun, but it is certainly a different kind of vacation. In November I was planning a solo trip to see my mom and grandma in Siesta Key, Florida. It is our favorite vacation getaway and I was so excited to have Oliver experience his first beach trip at 6 months old….
We finally spilled the beans a few weeks ago about building a new house in Louisville. Back in March we started to make the decision about putting our little house on the market because we knew we needed more space. Our neighborhood was great for a small family, but we were ready for something new.
Before our house went on the market we started doing some research around the city. We had an idea of where we wanted to be, which neighborhoods were too far, and where the best schools were in the city. After looking over our budget, everything that was coming on the market still needed some work. Guys, I am ALL about less is more. Don’t give yourself any more work than needed. I knew we wouldn’t be able to tackle projects and I didn’t really want to renovate a kitchen. So we drove over to Pulte homes and signed paperwork to build our very own dream house from the ground up.
To say April and May were the months of chaos is an understatement. Our house went on the market April 12th and we had THREE offers within five hours. Dan and I were speechless. We accepted an offer from a young couple and the closing process could not have gone any smoother.
I was so happy they were able to purchase our home that we built together, and start making memories of their own. We packed everything in the house, put it in storage and we are currently residing at my in-laws condo.
Dan and I try to make weekly trips to the house. It is so amazing to see the hard work that is put in to building this dream home of ours. In the beginning of the planning process we had to choose everything so materials could be ordered. The design process was so much fun, a little overwhelming and surprisingly Dan and I agreed on a lot of key items.
I’m so excited to have you along for this ride but for now these photos will have to do.
Siding, Brick and Roof Shingles
Carpet, wood floor, cabinets, granite and shower tile.
Entry way and front office
Stay tuned for more progress photos!
Oliver was born 4.5 weeks early on May 12th, 2016. Our little “peanut” was born at 5 lbs 5 ounces and 18 inches long. He was immediately sent to the NICU for lack of oxygen. As I was recovering, the NICU nurses at the Norton Women’s and Children’s hospital took phenomenal care of Oliver.
This summer has been so much fun, although very hot, we joined a neighborhood pool which is perfect for cooling off. …
Wanderlust – A strong, innate desire to travel.
On any given day you can find me daydreaming with my morning coffee of far off places to visit. I throw myself in to the illusion that we pack our bags, escape to a new territory and dive in to a new culture and way of living. Our world is filled with technology, and sometimes it feels that the only way to see the chase of the beach or climb the highest mountain, is right there in our computer screen.
I’m so happy you’ve stumbled upon Motherhood in May. I’m just your average first-time mom trying to figure out what I’m doing on a daily basis. I want to be very raw and honest with everything that I talk about. Since we’re probably going to get a little personal here, I wanted to give you a few things you should know about me.
- We have a a 9 year old Siberian Husky and I call him Old Man Tucker. He’s had both of his ACL’s replaced but has the heart of a puppy.
- I’m a freak over an iced latte. Vanilla soy latte to be exact.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Product Development with a background in Fashion Design
- I’ve been to two concerts: Hanson (Hello 90’s) and Mumford & Sons. I cried at both. No shame.
- Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard is my jam.
- My grandma told me “don’t ever let that Dan kid go” when I was 18. Best decision I ever made.
- My mom is my best friend
- I knew Oliver was a boy from the second I found out I was pregnant. Mothers instinct.
- I could spend ALOT of money at Pottery Barn. And IKEA. And Pier 1 Imports.
- I never knew how rewarding becoming a mother truly is. Every day when I wake up I’m smiling. It’s taken a long time for me to get to this point in my life, but I’m so happy this little man chose me to be his mama.
- One more for good luck – My husband is my saving grace. He knows exactly what to say, when to say it and how it needs to be said.
Want to know anything else about me? Just ask!