Is anyone else a rice pudding lover like me?! It’s the perfect treat for a winter evening and even better when it’s made in the Instant pot!
When I was younger, I can remember my mom spending a few hours in the kitchen trying to create her rice pudding recipe. There was constant stirring and not enough milk, but the end result was so completely worth it.
Rice pudding is a treat that is best served, well, however you like it! Whether you enjoy it warm in the morning for breakfast, or cold in the evening as an after dinner treat, top that baby with cinnamon and it’s to die for!
We’ve had a few snow days here in the mitten state and I told myself, what is better than a good movie and a warm bowl of rice pudding?! But in reality, I don’t have the time to cook anything lately so I pulled out my best friend; the Instant Pot. I’ve seen a few recipes out there that make this recipe more complicated than it needs to be, so my task at hand was an easy instant pot rice pudding recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In pressure cooker, add arborio rice, water and salt. Lock lid in place and place on high for 4 minutes. When completed, let instant pot naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add 2 cups of whole milk, vanilla extract and sugar to instant pot, stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs. Switch Instant Pot to sauté, add whisked eggs and stir consistently until pudding starts to boil.
- The pudding will thicken as it cools. Serve warm or separate into serving dishes. Top with raisins and cinnamon! Enjoy!