Now that the weather is cooling off, I seem to be craving all the carbs. I can never get enough pasta. I am still trying to find my Italian roots so I at least have a good excuse for inhaling massive amounts of spaghetti carbonara.
Chicken Parmesan is a classic, and I don’t think you can really ruin this dish. Also, does anyone else end up making pasta noodles for a family of ten? No? Just me? If you told my husband I was making spaghetti for dinner, he will immediately ask how many friends he should invite over. Yes, I am that bad.
Okay, back to this delicious recipe. Obviously, the biggest pain in the butt is dipping each chicken breast in flour, to eggs to breadcrumbs. But once you fry those babies up, it smells amazing!
I’ve made this recipe a few times and I decided to hold off on the sauce until the end. It always leaves the breaded chicken soggy, and nobody likes soggy chicken. Another lazy mom trick, grab the best jarred spaghetti sauce you love (This is our favorite) and heat that baby up in a sauce pot. Trust me, your family won’t know the difference.
So now that you’ve learned my trick and you’re officially starving over these photos, check out the recipe and let me know what you think! What are your classic meals?
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purposed flour
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs - I used italian
- Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese
- spaghetti pasta
- Start oven for 375 degrees
- Place chicken between two sheets of freezer paper. Use a meat hammer to flatten chicken into 1/2 inches thick.
- Drizzle Olive Oil in your pan and let it warm up.
- Use three bowls for the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Lay both sides of chicken in to flour and shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in to the bowl of beaten eggs.
- Immediately place in breadcrumbs and coat completely.
- Place chicken in pan and cook each side for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a cookie sheet or baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Let chicken bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, heat your sauce in a sauce pan and boil your spaghetti noodles.
- Remove chicken and lay on to pasta with spaghetti sauce.
- Dash with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Sarah Ruszkowski says
Why do I always end up looking at recipe posts when I’m hungry?! This looks so good and perfect for this chilly day!!!
Yum!!!! This looks like an awesome recipe that my family would love! Thank you!
Jaime Porter says
I’m always looking for new recipes to add to my meal plan. This looks and sounds amazing and easy to make.
This looks so yummy, you can never go wrong with a parm in a cold weather. thanks for sharing
Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries says
I was just thinking today about how good chicken Parmesan sounded! Definitely need to make this 🙂
I love easy recipes and I haven’t had chicken in soo long! I’m having a family dinner this weekend and I want to cook this, looks like something everyone would enjoy. Thanks for the simple, lovely idea!
I love chicken parm! It’s definitely a favorite in our household 😊
Ooh this looks great! I haven’t had Chicken Parm in ages and now I think I’m gonna have to make it this week!