I am kicking off the first day of Fall with my Best Ever Banana Bread recipe!
I’m usually the queen of bread recipes and this by far is the easiest. It is so delicious with your morning coffee, and even better with some chocolate chips thrown in for a midnight snack. The walnuts are optional, but there is nothing better than the crunch.
Best part of this banana bread, the smells that fill your house. You can never go wrong with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. My husband can walk in and know exactly what was in that oven because it smells amazing. Try it out for yourself!
The recipe was passed down through family and I have done some tweaking to make it perfect for us. It truly does take an hour and a half to bake so no peaking! Once the bread is finished, let it sit for a little bit and then slice in for a warm delicious piece.
- 2 Eggs - Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (Optional)
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Ground Ginger
- 1 TSP Nutmeg
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Prepare a 9X5 loaf pan with cooking spray
- Blend the eggs, oil, buttermilk and bananas
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and spices
- Combine all well and pour into loaf pan
- Bake for 1 Hour and 20 Minutes. YES, it really takes that long!
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes
Do you have a favorite recipe for the fall? I love banana bread and pumpkin bread!